The garden in October
As the leaves change into their brilliant fall colors, and you awaken to a distinct chill in the air, winter is just around the corner. Make your garden ready for winter with these tips:
This is what you can do in your garden right now:
- Plant evergreen border plants for a beautiful winter image.
- In October you can still put new plants in the border areas and perennials. It’s also a good time to plant bulbs.
- When most leaves fall of the trees, It’s best to get them off you lawn. This to avoid yellow spots.
- Brighten up your terrace with chrysanthemums. They are found in a range of colors and shapes.
- In October, your lawn should be mowed for the last time this year.
TIP: too many fallen leaves to remove them by hand? The Eliet Cameleon M is the Ideal machine for the individual user with a large yard and can be used in virtually any landscaping situation where yard debris requires disposal, such as clearing away leaves, trimming hedges, pruning flowers, and other tasks. Read all about it on www.eliet.eu