The garden in January
Put on your winter shoes, your hat and heavy coat and brave the cold for the welfare of your garden.
In January, there are a lot of things to do:
- Give your Christmas tree a second life and plant him in the garden
- Remove old and sick branches
- Protect frost sensitive plants, and if necessary, take them inside
- If the weather is nice, plant deciduous trees and shrubs
- Plan a thorough maintenance of your garden tools. Lubricate your lawn mower and
other machinery and check them thoroughly for other defects. Sharpen your other
gardening tools, repair them and grease them well before storing them until Spring comes along.