The garden in July
During the summer, the garden transforms into a paradise, with ripe fruit and fresh vegetables. July offers a multitude of colors, flavors and fragrances. This is the perfect time to fully enjoy your garden. For those who cannot sit still, there are these little tasks at hand:
- Remove all dead flowers regularly. This will increase the annual flowering period.
- Borders are in full bloom and the lawn will only look at its best when the edges have also been neatly cut. The ELIET lawn edger’s can help you with this task.
- Cut the grass once a week or more often if necessary. In dry periods, it’s best to mow less often and in a higher position and in the evenings, to prevent dehydration due to excessive evaporation. Water the lawn only if needed and do this on a weekly basis for a longer period instead of a daily shorter watering session. This way, the water can penetrate deeply into the soil.
- Scatter fertilizer on the lawn if rain is predicted and repeat every 5 of 6 weeks until autumn. This will keep your lawn healthy! Do not fertilize in dry and warm periods because this can burn your lawn.
- Apply a layer of mulch around your plants to avoid evaporation. An additional advantage of a mulch layer is that weed will grow less quickly. Before applying the mulch layer, it’s important to humidify your soil properly.